Repeat offender Lisa Bobb, a Campbellville, Georgetown resident, was sentenced to spend the next 12 months in prison for attempting to kill her cousin.Lisa BobbThe 25-year-old woman has continued to deny the charge against her, stating that she was defending herself following months of provocation.However, on Monday, she was informed that she was found guilty of the charge instituted against her.This decision was made by city Magistrate Judy Latchman after the prosecution noted that Bobb failed to discredit the evidence given by several witnesses against her.On February 14, 2018 at Royal Drive, Campbellville, Christel Bobb had just returned home when she was pounced upon by Lisa Bobb, who stabbed her once to her upper left arm.This attack reportedly stemmed from another misunderstanding the two cousins had had the previous night. Christel was rushed to the public hospital where she was treated.According to the prosecution, the defendant admitted in an unsworn statement to pulling out a knife and injuring Christel Bobb to her arm and leg.As such, following a brief recess, the Magistrate sentenced Bobb to 12 months in prison.As she was being led out of the courtroom of Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan on her first appearance for the attempted murder charge, the Lot 84 Campbellville Housing Scheme resident had screamed, “If I had the chance to murder that b***h, I would!”She has been a frequent offender since 2013.
LIVING THE DREAM Barcelona will try to sign Eden Hazard from Chelsea this summer in a player plus cash deal, according to reports.The Catalan giants wish to bring Hazard to Spain after six seasons at Stamford Bridge, though they face competition for Belgium international’s signature from LaLiga rivals Real Madrid. TOP WORK The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? 2 Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Latest transfer news However, Barcelona remain keen on the former Lille star, and a report by Onda Cero – quoted in Sport – claims the Camp Nou club are prepared to offer a player plus cash deal to Chelsea in an attempt to bring Hazard to Catalonia.According to the report, Ousmane Dembele, the France forward, is the player Barca are said to be willing to sacrifice in exchange for Hazard, just a year on from the 21-year-old’s arrival at Camp Nou from Borussia Dortmund. Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January LATEST targets Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing Hazard, the forward, has already hinted at a potential departure from west London, saying last week: “After 6 wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different, certainly after this World Cup.“I can decide if I want to stay or go, but Chelsea will make the final decision – if they want to let me go.“You know my preferred destination.”These comments have led to a scramble for Hazard, though Real are said to be unwilling to match Chelsea’s valuation of the 27-year-old. targets Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti REVEALED Dembele capped his debut season at Barcelona by winning the World Cup with France Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ moving on three-way race Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Hazard’s future as a Chelsea player is uncertain RANKED Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer 2 IN DEMAND Dembele, who was part of France’s World Cup winning squad, made just 23 appearances in all competitions last season after suffering a hamstring injury in his first league start that ruled him out for four months. He returned in January but quickly picked up another injury that kept him out for a further month, but he was back to score against Chelsea when Barca knocked the Blues out of the Champions League at the round of 16 stage.