Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Buffalo Bills Logo.BUFFALO — After a series of coronavirus pandemic-related setbacks, the Buffalo Bills are moving forward with their official start to training camp.All 80 players have reported for camp, according to general manager Brandon Beane, and veterans began acclimating to their new environment at the team’s Orchard Park facilities on Saturday.Beane and coach Sean McDermott spoke Sunday on a Zoom conference call for the first time since camp activities began.“We’ve got to be smart,” McDermott said. “It’s important that we onboard these players and staff in the right way with a methodical approach. … There’s a lot of planning, and we’ve got to be razor-sharp on that end.” It’s been a bumpy road to this point, with the Bills experiencing several hiccups along the way.The Bills sent their rookies home on Thursday after five players tested positive for the coronavirus, electing to conduct virtual meetings instead as an additional precaution.Two players — starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and cornerback E.J. Gaines — have opted out of the upcoming season; Beane announced on Sunday that Gaines opted out because of family reasons. Right guard Jon Feliciano, who was one of Buffalo’s best offensive linemen in 2019, recently underwent surgery for a torn pectoral muscle and is out indefinitely.Beane and McDermott have taken a methodical, step-by-step approach ever since arriving in Buffalo four years ago. That has resulted in two trips to the playoffs and has Buffalo hoping to dethrone New England in the AFC East following Tom Brady’s departure to Tampa Bay.They hope that approach also proves beneficial in these uncertain, unprecedented times.“We were just trying to be smart and make sure we had our arms around it,” Beane said of the decision to send rookies home. “This is something that we’re learning everyday as you see across the country and we’re no different. And we’re just trying to keep it (contained) …“And there may be more days where we say, ‘Hey, we’ve got a couple guys popped up, they’ve been around another 15-20 guys. Let’s just send everybody home, let another round of tests come in and make sure we’re good.’ Because we’re trying to take the long view, similar to how we’re trying to build this team. As much as we want to be out there every day, we’d rather lose one day or two days than lose 10-14, half our team or anything like that.”“I just know that there’s no playbook for this out there,” McDermott said. “I can’t stress that enough. When we did send the rookies home the other day, I received multiple calls, as did Brandon, from multiple people around the league. … We want to be smart. We want to be responsible and as I try and communicate to our players and our staff, safety is always No. 1.”One positive for the Bills did come on Saturday when receiver Stefon Diggs arrived at the team’s facilities for the first time. The Bills acquired Diggs in a blockbuster trade with the Minnesota Vikings earlier this offseason.“It’s good to see Stefon,” McDermott said. “We saw him yesterday a little bit with the physical. I didn’t get much time to spend with him but it is good to see him, good to meet him in person and for him to meet his teammates in person and just be around each other.”Buffalo also took additional steps on Sunday to boost the positions affected by their two opt-outs.The Bills signed cornerback Akeem King and defensive tackle Niles Scott. King has played in 34 games and entered the league as a seventh-round pick of the Atlanta Falcons in 2015. Scott has played in six games and entered the league as an undrafted free agent with the San Francisco 49ers in 2018.
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享The Columbus Dispatch:President Donald Trump’s desire to prop up money-losing coal and nuclear plants is absurd enough on its face that one doesn’t need a lot of help arguing against it.Coal is losing its place to cleaner and cheaper natural gas. It is dirty and dangerous not only in the burning, but in the extraction. Nuclear energy has the potential to be extremely clean, but trying to make it safe renders it prohibitively expensive.The loss of coal-related jobs unquestionably has been painful for coal regions, and their anxiety is justified. Trump has exploited that anxiety and anger, winning support by making promises that are bad for the country and most likely can’t be delivered anyway.Those realities aren’t going to change; the only thing a coal bailout can accomplish, besides lining the pockets of wealthy coal owners, is saving a small number of jobs for a short time. It would do nothing to help develop jobs in alternative energy, tourism or other fields in which coal regions could build better futures.And it would come at the cost of leveling more mountaintops, fouling more streams and making more Americans sick.More: Editorial: Propping up coal, nuclear would be needless, destructive Editorial: Trump bailout plan is ‘absurd’
By Dialogo March 24, 2010 The Argentine foreign minister, Jorge Taiana, today introduced the SAC-D satellite, developed in the country and scheduled to be launched from the United States in December for scientific research, as a “true national point of pride.” After being transported to Brazil to undergo environmental testing, the satellite will be launched in the most important space mission that Argentina has yet developed through the National Space Activities Commission (CONAE), the minister indicated. “We’re satisfied, because we’ve reached a very important landmark in the development of Argentine knowledge and international cooperation between equals,” affirmed Taiana, who heads CONAE’s board of directors. The satellite will be launched from NASA’s base in California (U.S.), on board a Delta II rocket, according to official sources. At the official ceremony presenting the mission in Bariloche, 1,650 kilometers south of Buenos Aires, Taiana explained that the objective of sending the satellite into space “has to do with the need to develop a vanguard sector of space activity, with fundamental tools for productive social, economic, and technological development.” Likewise, he revealed that one of the satellite’s purposes will be to study the salinity of the oceans in order to observe the environmental consequences of climate change. Taiana acknowledged that this significant advance is the result of many years of work and expressed gratitude for the international cooperation and for the “extensive participation” of Argentine and foreign entities.
6SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr This year, six state credit union leagues formed new partnerships, launching a new chapter of industry collaboration, competition and survival.Last week, the CEOs of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions and the New York Credit Union Association signed a letter of intent that they say will create the nation’s largest league collaboration project. And in January, the Ontario, Calif.-based Plexcity, a collaborative organization formed by the California, Nevada, New Jersey, Maryland and District of Columbia state associations, launched its operations. continue reading »
10 Sassafras St, The Gap.Artist Robert Henderson has been busy putting the final touches to an indigenous mural at one of Brisbane’s train stations ahead of tonight’s Bledisloe Cup.But while working on his latest project he has also managed to list his five-bedroom home at 10 Sassafras St, The Gap for sale.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus1 day agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market1 day agoMr Henderson and his wife, who own The Henderson Gallery, are ready to move on from their post-war home, on a 574sq m block.Place — Paddington selling agent Michael Ford said the couple had renovated the property and added an office/granny flat with private access.“A lot of work has gone into this home,” Mr Ford said.He said Mr Henderson had previously used the garage as a studio to create some masterpieces.With an open plan layout and an in-ground swimming pool, Mr Ford described the home as a “piece of paradise”. The property goes to auction on November 18 at 10am
South Korean shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries booked an order from Copenhagen-based Celsius Tankers for two liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers, securing an option for further two vessels. The vessels will have the capacity to transport 180,000 cubic meters of the chilled fuel, and are priced at $187 million each, SHI said on Friday.The LNG carriers, first such vessels for Celsius Tankers, would be equipped with Mark-Ⅲ Flex type containment system with re-liquefaction capability to lower the boil-off rate.SHI further noted it will equip the vessels with environmental and fuel-saving technologies including an optimized hull design and propulsion.The Celsius LNG carriers will be the world’s first to be equipped with Samsung’s air lubrication system SAVER Air, the company said in its statement.It sprays air at the bottom of the ship to form air layer between the hull surface and sea water to reduce frictional force.SHI has previously applied the technology in 23,000 TEU mega containership order for MSC in 2017.According to Clarksons Research, gas carrier and containership newbuilding orders are set to increase. Strong LNG carrier spot rates and increasing usage of LNG as fuel as well as gas demands in power generation point at strong LNG carrier newbuilding market for years to come.Including 37 this year total of 194 LNG carriers are to be ordered within the next five years. A representative from Samsung Heavy said the company is looking to continue securing LNG carrier orders with more available slots.SHI’s new order total for 2018 now stands at 31 vessels and $3.3 billion, which include 7 LNG carriers, 8 containerships, 13 tankers, and 3 special purpose ships.
Share Share Sharing is caring! Pope Benedict XVI waded deep into U.S. campaign politics Friday, urging visiting U.S. bishops to beef up their teaching about the evils of premarital sex and cohabitation, and denouncing what he called the “powerful” gay marriage lobby in America.As debate over health care coverage for birth control rages in the United States, Benedict said there was an urgent need for Catholics in America to discover the value of chastity — an essential element of Christian teaching that he said had been subject to unjust “ridicule.”Benedict has long championed what the church calls “traditional” marriage between men and women, as well as opposition to premarital sex and fidelity within marriage. But his strong comments to visiting U.S. bishops took on particular significance given the culture wars that have erupted in the U.S. this campaign season.U.S. bishops are currently locked in an election year battle with the Obama administration over federal funding for birth control.In addition, bishops have been at the forefront of the campaign against same-sex marriage, with at least five U.S. states scheduling ballot measures on the issue in coming months. Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the head of the U.S. conference of bishops and archbishop of New York, unsuccessfully lobbied against the legalization of gay marriage in his state.The 84-year-old pope acknowledged his comments might sound anachronistic or “countercultural,” particularly to the young. But he told bishops to not back down in the face of “powerful political and cultural currents seeking to alter the legal definition of marriage.”“Sexual differences cannot be dismissed as irrelevant to the definition of marriage,” he said.He also denounced what he called the failure of priests and bishops to instruct Catholics in core church teachings on human sexuality, saying many Catholics seem unaware that living together outside of marriage was “gravely sinful, not to mention damaging to the stability of society.”The entire Christian community, he said, must recover an appreciation of the virtue of chastity.Cath News Tweet 25 Views no discussions FaithLifestyle Pope warns US bishops of gay marriage lobby by: – March 12, 2012 Share
Lingard failed to record a Premier League goal or assist in the whole of 2019. Loading… Jesse Lingard is facing the Manchester United axe. Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and assistant Mike Phelan were so annoyed by his display in the 3-1 home loss to Manchester City on Tuesday that they hauled him off at half-time. Lingard, 27, was anonymous as toothless United were mauled by their bitter rivals in the Carabao Cup semi-final first leg. Solskjaer has publicly protected Lingard during his year-long dip in form. But after United fell 3-0 behind at half-time against their noisy neighbours, his patience snapped. It is understood Phelan was particularly vocal about Lingard’s inability to follow instructions. There were cheers as Lingard’s substitution was announced to the crowd — and it is likely he will be replaced by Juan Mata for Saturday’s visit by Norwich.Advertisement Read Also:Inter Milan make move for Man United defender Solskjaer had claimed Lingard was getting back to his best — despite him having an awful game in the 2-0 away defeat to Arsenal on New Year’s Day. He was subbed after 58 minutes at the Emirates. Lingard’s contract runs until the end of next season and he is reported to be using agent Mino Raiola, who has caused problems with his handling of Paul Pogba. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooRyan Reynolds Does The Bottle Cup Challenge (You Better See This)The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?Who’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?World’s Most Delicious Foods10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Best Cars Of All TimeThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist Magnets12 Flicks That Almost Ended Their Stars’ Careers
Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 African Actresses With Thick Skin Who Got Famous In Hollywood10 Of The Worst Celebrity Dads In HollywoodThailand’s 10 Most Iconic LandmarksCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?What Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?A Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World Spanish champions Barcelona have been granted special permission by La Liga to make an emergency signing outside of the transfer window, reports BBC Sport. Those players must be a free agent or already playing in Spain and they cannot play in Uefa competition. Read Also:La Liga: Griezmann shines as Barcelona edge Etebo’s Getafe Barcelona submitted a medical report to the Spanish top flight, whose medical commission reviewed Dembele’s injury and subsequently authorised the club’s request. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The decision comes after French forward Ousmane Dembele was ruled out for six months with a serious hamstring injury. La Liga rules allow clubs to apply to make new signings if a player is ruled out for more than five months.Advertisement Loading…
Ripley County, In. — A Saturday evening crash in Ripley County seriously injured two people.A report from the sheriff’s department says at 10:25 p.m. a car driven by Christopher Wilkerson, of Liberty, failed to acknowledge a stop sign at State Road 229 and County Road 650 South. Wilkerson struck another vehicle driven by John Taulbee.Wilkerson and a passenger in the Taulbee vehicle were treated for injuries. There is no word on their condition.