JOCKEY QUOTES FLAVIEN PRAT, VENETIAN HARBOR, WINNER: She broke sharp and put us in a great position very easily. We got a breather around the (far) turn, she grabbed the bit and really ran well from there.”TRAINER QUOTESRICHARD BALTAS, VENETIAN HARBOR, WINNER: “The plan was to break and just get her to relax. She’s very strong and Flavien did a great job, getting her to relax. He said he was hanging on to her the whole way. It looked like at the 3/8th pole we might get passed but I was just hoping the public was right.“I am very happy that she got the two turns, that was a little bit of a concern today. She had never been two turns and this is a tiring track. She trains at San Luis Rey, she is doing good down there I didn’t want to change anything. She delivered today. It looks like now she may have to do some moving around, hopefully she comes back well and we will see (where we go next). She passed the first test.”DOMINIC SAVIDES, PART OWNER, VENETIAN HARBOR, WINNER: “This is really special, to win here at The Great Race Place. Just to do it with friends, it’s really special.”NOTES: The winning owners are Ciaglia Racing LLC, Highland Yard and River Oak Farm
Favored Gift Box Scratches Out Of Grade I Santa Anita HandicapARCADIA, Calif. (March 7, 2020)–Hronis Racing’s Gift Box, the 6-5 morning line favorite and defending champion in today’s Grade I, $600,000 Santa Anita Handicap was scratched out of today’s Big ‘Cap at 9:12 a.m., with no reason given as of 10:15 a.m.Trained by John Sadler, who will still be represented in the Big ‘Cap by longshot Combatant, Gift Box entered the race on Wednesday on the heels of perhaps his best career effort, a smashing 3 ¾ length victory in the Grade II San Antonio Stakes here on Dec. 28.Gift Box, who by all accounts had been training in sensational fashion, schooled in the Santa Anita paddock yesterday and with regular rider Joel Rosario engaged to ride today, appeared to give Sadler a tremendous chance at becoming the first trainer in the 83-year history of the Big ‘Cap to win it in three successive years, as in addition to last year’s victory with Gift Box, he also saddled the 2018 winner, Accelerate.With the scratch, the Big ‘Cap, which has been carded as the 10th on a 12-race card, will feature seven older horses at a mile and a quarter. C R K Stable’s Midcourt, the 2-1 second choice on the original morning line, has been made the 4-5 favorite on the revised line, with trainer John Shirreffs and jockey Victory Espinoza joining forces. (Additionally, Rosario has now replaced Umberto Rispoli aboard Combatant).First post time today at Santa Anita is at 11:30 a.m., with assigned post for the Big ‘Cap at 4:03 p.m. PT.
MAURICIO POCHETTINO ripped into his Spurs flops after they threw away a 2-0 Champions League lead in the 2-2 draw at Olympiakos.The Spurs boss fumed as his players did not follow his game plan and rapped: “I feel disappointed. I wasn’t happy with our first-half performance, we had a plan and we didn’t respect the plan.2 Boss Mauricio Pochettino believes Spurs did not show enough intensity or aggression as Olympiakos fought back for a surprise drawCredit: Rex Features2 Opening scorer Harry Kane admits Spurs should have done better off the ballCredit: Reuters”That’s what disappointed me the most. We conceded a lot of chances and the way we conceded the first goal was so painful.“We didn’t translate the aggression needed in these games from our 4-0 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday.“I told them at half-time we had scored two good goals, but the performance wasn’t great.“Second half we realised and changed but conceded a very soft penalty. Overall the result is fair.”Harry Kane’s penalty and a thumping finish from Lucas Moura put Spurs on top in the space of four minutes.But Olympiakos hit back through Daniel Podence and Mathieu Valbuena, also from the spot.’GUTTED WITH A FEW PLAYERS’Poch added: “When we don’t show the intensity, the competition demands we struggle.“We can talk about scoring twice and playing better second half but this season we’re conceding a lot of chances and a lot of goals and we need to change that way.“And the only way to change is to be more demanding. Show me more performances like Palace — not like this.”It was Kane’s 15th Champions League goal in 20 appearances.WEDNESDAY’S CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTSGroup AClub Brugge 0 – 0 GalatasarayParis Saint Germain 3 – 0 Real MadridGroup BOlympiakos 2 – 2 TottenhamBayern Munich 3 – 0 Red Star BelgradeGroup CDinamo Zagreb 4 – 0 AtalantaShakhtar Donetsk 0 – 3 Man CityGroup DAtletico Madrid 2 – 2 JuventusBayer Leverkusen 1 – 2 Lokomotiv MoscowThe England skipper said: “Conceding the goal before half-time changed the momentum and is disappointing. Second half was 50-50.“I still felt we could have done better on the ball but it’s a point away from home that we have to try and improve on.”And former Three Lions star Rio Ferdinand was more blunt – claiming Pochettino will be “gutted” at the display from some players.The Manchester United legend also accused Tottenham of failing to learn lessons from their run to the 2019 final.BT Sport pundit Ferdinand said: “Spurs will be kicking themselves, two up away from home you go and silence the crowd and then throw it away, show a lapse in concentration.MOST READ IN FOOTBALL THROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for him”You’d think they’d take experience from last season and what they’d learned but they haven’t. I thought they were just slack and lax.”Pochettino will be gutted with a few individuals.”[Hugo] Lloris epitomised it, coming out all lacklustre. So yeah it was ‘Spursy’ really if you wanna put it like that.”
The truth is Camavinga, as demonstrated this season in France, can be adapted to both profiles. The ball does not bother him at all, on the contrary, and as a midfielder, with greater travel, he manages to exploit his conditions. But those same qualities are worth it as an anchor. A fact corroborates it, the one that draws more Casemiro: he is the only midfielder in the five major leagues who has tried more than 100 innings, with a success of about 61%.In fact, the Franco-Angolan already knows what it is to play in the position of the pivot of Real Madrid. At the beginning of the course, Julien Stephan had a defense of three centrals, in a system where Camavinga felt more sheltered and acted as the only means of exiting the ball. In that position of 5 He made one of the exhibitions of the year, against PSG, assisting in Hunou’s definitive 2-1 and devoting himself definitively to French football. Despite the fact that since then many have related Camavinga as an interior tour, He has accumulated great nights as a pivot. It could even be said that he is better defensively speaking than with the ball, and that he stands out in this last facet in Ligue 1. 18 Eduardo Camavinga (17 years old) is one of the names in capital letters in Real Madrid’s sports management for this summer. Like it in the club, backed by the reports of Juni Calafat and his team, and Zidane, who does not forget Pogba, has given him the go-ahead. There is, in line with this, some debate about where would the Rennes player fit in better, whether as a substitute for Casemiro or as a kind of Pogba. It’s what labels have and the almost need to pigeonhole. He makes fewer fouls and receives more than CasemiroCamavinga has been a little Casemiro and a little Pogba in this 2019-20. In a 4-4-2, he started with more defensive demands but without neglecting construction. But with the arrival of Nzonzi, in January, he took a step forward, and not metaphorically speaking. The reinforcement of the former Seville or Rome was an invitation for the objective of Madrid to get down and increase their presence in areas that until then, due to their responsibility behind, were more restricted. Rennes currently uses a 4-4-2 (Madrid, normally, a 4-3-3) and, although Camavinga now enjoys more freedom in the division, it has performed in a double pivot, not as a natural steering wheel, keeping a lot of the position in withdrawal and taking advantage of its powerful driving to break lines and organize with the ball. It is, therefore, the first way to get the ball, with Nzonzi at the center of the field so that the sides give depth on the outside.Until the halt due to the coronavirus, Camavinga had registered a total of 105 entries in Ligue 1, with a 60.95% success rate. To calibrate the data, Casemiro’s in the League are similar: 83 tackles, with 66.27% of them won. Furthermore, the French, for example, make fewer fouls (48-64) and receive more (59-40) than the Brazilian. Its coupling to the role of ’14’, conditioned by its acclimatization to its new reality (Ligue 1 is not the same as the Bernabéu …) if the signing is closed, it seems very viable.
The Olympic Gardens Major League football team is now in mourning following the death of 18 year-old forward Okeem Forth. Forth, a student of Tivoli High School, died Friday night shortly after a Magnum/Kingston and St Andrew Football Association (KSAFA) Major League quarter-final game against Molynes United at Constant Spring Sports Complex. It is reported that he was struck on his neck by an opponent’s elbow and was substituted. Shortly after he complained of feeling weak and was rushed to the Andrew’s Memorial Hospital on Hope Road. KSAFA’s general secretary, Dwayne Dillon, released a statement earlier today: “It is with deep regret that we advise of the sudden passing of Okeem Forth, who was a prominent member of the Olympic Gardens Football Club. Okeem played in the KSAFA/Magnum Major League quarter-finals versus Molynes United last Friday night until the 83rd minute when he was assisted off the field to receive medical attention. “After initial assessments by the team, he was rushed in an ambulance to the Andrew’s Memorial Hospital in the company of the medical doctor assigned to the game. Despite the valiant efforts by the medical team at the hospital we were sadly informed of the untimely passing of this young, talented player.” The cause of death is not yet known.
The Guyana National Bureau of Standards (GNBS) on Tuesday last handed over ten tonnes (10,000 kg) of large-capacity test masses to its sub-office in Anna Regina, Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) in order to facilitate the verification of weighbridge scales used by rice millers and other businesses in the region.At the simple ceremony, the test masses were handed over to the sub-office’s inspectors in the presence of representatives from the Rice Producers Association (RPA), the Guyana Rice Development Board (GRDB) and staff members of the Caricom Rice Mill.GNBS Public Relations Officer Lloyd David shakes hands with Region Two GNBS Inspector Dhanpat Ramlakhan in the presence of other representatives during the handing over of the test massesIt was disclosed at the ceremony that the test masses were acquired at the cost of some $13 million.GNBS Inspector in Region Two, Dhanpat Ramlakhan said that the monitoring of rice mills, especially during the harvesting periods, ensures clarity of the weighing process. He added that this process will now be improved with the newly-acquired test masses and the difficulties of transporting masses from Georgetown to the Coast will now be a thing of the past.Meanwhile, Quality Assurance Manager of the Caricom Rice Mills, Shonellie Roberts commended the GNBS for the acquisition of the test masses and stated that the masses will facilitate impromptu and unscheduled checks of weighbridge scales used at her company and other mills on the Essequibo Coast.
FROM LEFT: Dillon Batson, Carlos Hackett and Winston RodneyThe Guyana Police Force (GPF) has issued wanted bulletins for three men accused of rape.In the first instance, 27-year-old Dillon Fitzgerald Batson of Lot 2793 Central Amelia’s Ward, Mackenzie, Linden is wanted for rape committed on November 14, 2018.The second person, Carlos Hackett, is wanted for the rape of a child under 16-years-old, which occurred between June 1-30, 2017 at Wismar Housing Scheme in Linden.The third suspect, 35-year-old Winston Rodney of Pomeroon is wanted for the rape of a child under 16-years-old which occurred between July 1-31, 2019 at Lamp Island, Kwakwani.Anyone with information that may lead to the arrest of the suspects are asked to contact the police on telephone numbers 226-6978, 225-8196, 226-2870, 226-7065, 227-1149, 226-7065, 911 or the nearest police station.All information will be treated with the strictest confidence.
1 Rangers legend Craig Moore has pleaded for more investment into his former club, so they stand a chance of returning to the top of Scottish and European football.Former skipper Moore won twelve major honours with Rangers including five league championships and a domestic treble in 2003.But the Aussie international defender admitted he had feared for the club’s future amid reports Rangers were taking a £10m loan from Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct just to stay in business.Moore, 39, said: “When I consider what Rangers have been through in recent years with the financial mess, the relegation and the general demise of the club, then I just hope that the club gets the investment that it desperately needs.“The club is in danger of going out of business which for me would seem unthinkable, but it could happen if they don’t sort this new financial crisis out quickly.“A proper investor with a long-term plan can not only restore Rangers to the pinnacle of Scottish football. but eventually bring back Champions League football to Ibrox.“So from where I stand at the moment I don’t care whether it is Mike Ashley, Dave King, Douglas Park or Joe Bloggs.“I’m not too bothered as long as the deal is right for the long term future of Rangers.“The priority for me is that the club is restored to the one that I love and hold so fondly,”Moore also played for Newcastle, departing in 2007, the summer Ashley took over at the Toon.Speaking to football networking site Network90, he added: “My departure had nothing to do with his arrival. I suffered some bad injuries over those two seasons and moved back to Australia with Brisbane.“At the time Newcastle United was in trouble and Ashley got the club back on its feet.” Craig Moore
Antonio Rudiger in action for Roma Roma are ready to make Antonio Rudiger’s loan move permanent – before selling him on to Chelsea for a huge profit.The 23-year-old is coming towards the end of a season-long stay in the Italian capital after being loaned out by Stuttgart.Within the deal was the option for Roma to purchase Rudiger for £7m this summer if they wanted to.And, according to Corriere dello Sport, that is exactly what the Italian side will do before immediately selling the defender on to Chelsea.The Blues are very keen on the centre-back, but cannot make a move for him because of Roma’s option to purchase the player on a permanent basis for £7m.As a result, Chelsea are prepared to wait for Rudiger to join Roma before offering around £16m to sign him up. 1
PETER MORAN SAYS that progression in the FAI Intermediate Cup means his Bonagee United players will get a chance ‘to show what they’re capable of’.Goals by Francesco Crisco and Seamus Brown fired the Dry Arch men to a 2-1 win over Fanad United at Triagh-A-Locha.They were hanging on a little in the closing stages after John McGarvey pulled one back for Fanad, just after Brown put Bonagee 2-0 up, but Moran’s side advance into the third round. “It’s fantastic for the club,” Moran said.“It puts us out there nationally now. Hopefully we will go and represent the Ulster Senior League well and do ourselves justice. It’s a platform for the players to show what they’re capable of.“We’d love to get a home tie now in the next round.”In a game of few chances, Bonagee had the edge and Moran was delighted with how his players coped. He said: “It was very windy and blow, which comes with the territory here, and we knew it would be a game of two halves. We defended superbly and kept a high line. They did the job we asked them to do.“We went to sleep and let them back into the game, but I felt that it was a fully-deserved win for us.“We were missing five players who would be pushing to start. They’ve come to play a much-improved Fanad and it’s a credit to them.”Moran hailed the impact of substitute Brown, who dinked a superb second goal for Bonagee in the 80th minute, just seconds after coming into the action.Moran said: “That’s why he played senior football. That’s why he was in England. That’s why we’ve brought him in – he can help to develop our players.” Soccer: Bonagee boss Moran hoping his team can show their capability was last modified: October 23rd, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)