first_imgUlster Junior CupGlaslough Villa 1 Kilmacrennan Celtic 7Donegal League outfit Kilmacrennan Celtic advance to the next round of this year’s Ulster Junior Cup competition as they defeated Monaghan outfit Glaslough Villa in Glaslough on Sunday. Kilmacrennan were on the ascendency from the first whistle and after 7minutes Liam Mc Bride rifled the ball past the keeper from 25 yards. Goal number 2 arrived 3 minutes later as Ryan Mc Brearty and Ryan Shields combined well to put Timmy Burke through on goal and he did not disappoint. Number 3 was soon to follow as Ryan Shields jumped highest to head home following a Michael Mc Laughlin corner kick. Darren Mc Cernan got a goal back for Glaslough Villa in the second half. On 57 minutes Marty Sweeney hit a screamer from 30yards to make it a 4-1 to Kilmacrennan Celtic. Goal number 5 arrived when yet again another pile driver, from this time Liam Mc Bride ended the game as a contest. The goal of the game came in the 85th minute when Kilmacrennan scored a truly wonderful goal. Timmy Burke completed the route with a brilliant solo effort right on full time. A solid team performance from Kilmacrennan Celtic. Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionCastlefin Celtic 0 Lagan Harps 2Castlefin suffered another home defeat, this time to Lagan Harps in Parkview on Sunday. Castlefin dominated for long spells of this game but couldn’t find the net. Lagan took the lead in the 15 th minute when Kevin Kelly picked up the ball, ran at the home defence and his shot flew into the top corner. Castlefin should have equalised when a Simon Mc Glinchey header looked over the line but it was ruled out by the match official. Castlefin started the 2nd half the brighter and had chances through Barry Tourish and Damien Mc Glinchey. The home side continued to dominate and hit the crossbar twice through Emmett White and Paddy Dooher. Castlefin were dealt a blow when keeper Simon Mc Menamin was sent off. Lagan wrapped up the points in the 80th minute when Declan Sweeney headed home a free from the right. Referee: Paddy Duffy St. Catherine’s 2 Glenea United 4St. Catherine’s played Glenea United in Emerald Park on Sunday. The home side took the lead on 7 minutes when Jason Noctor played a great ball through the midfield for Michael Mullin to run onto and score to put the saints one up. On 25 minutes Shane O’ Gara made a great save in the Saint’s goal. Things got better for the Saints cause on 33 minutes. A great cross by Christopher Murrin into the Glenea box to Daniel Breslin who rose the highest to head the ball to the Glenea net and make the score 2 nil. So the Saints went into the half time break 2-0 in front. Glenea came out in the second half looking to get an early goal and they nearly did when they had a shot that went wide. Then on 72 minutes Glenea got on the score sheet when Dennis Boyle scored from inside the 6 yard area to make the score 2-1. Then the teams were on level terms on 74 minutes. Glenea were given a penalty for a foul inside the Saints box, and up stepped Ryan Fadden and he put the ball into the top corner of the Saints net too make the score 2-2. Glenea then started to press more looking for the third and on 82 minutes a ball played over the Saint’s defenders for Ryan Fadden to score and make the score 3-2 to Glenea. The Saints tried hard to get back on level terms but it just would not happen for them and in the last minute Glenea got a corner and they scored their forth goal of the game to make the final score 4-2 to Glenea.Orchard Inn Saturday Division OneErne Wanderers 2 Fintown Harps AFC 1Erne Wanderers came out on top of this “top of the table” clash at the Lakeside Centre on Saturday. The home team started the brighter of the two teams and settled into their passing game and were enjoying some good possession. They made the break through on 10 minutes when they worked the ball up through centre field to Mulligan who brilliantly back flicked into the path of Spratt who finished superbly into the far corner. From the restart the home team again pressed high up the pitch to put Harps under pressure. Harps came more into the game midway through the half and were a big threat from set pieces which the home team did well to combat. On the half hour mark Fintown got an equaliser when a cross wasn’t dealt with at the back post and the ball just sneaked into the bottom corner. Harps had their tails up at this stage but found the home defence were not in a mood to give an inch with Quinn and Reynolds playing very well. On 35 minutes Erne got a penalty when Mulligan slipped a free kick into Sticky Ward’s feet and he rolled the defender and was just about to pull the trigger when he was clipped from behind and the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Up stepped Mulligan to send the keeper the wrong way and the Wanderers 2-1 ahead. Daragh Gallagher had two free kicks that just went wide of either post. The second have was a real tight affair with both defences on top. Substitute David Dolan had a great effort crash off the post and Mulligan had a 25 yarder hit the crossbar as the home side pushed for a 3rd but in the end were happy to see it out and hold on for a very good win against their title rivals. Best for Wanderers were Quinn, Spratt and Mulligan against a good team display from Harps. Referee: Andrew MullinGlencar Celtic 3 Castlefin Celtic Reserves 2 The Glencar men claimed all three points in this hotly contested fixture. The home side were ahead after 40 seconds when Eugene Sullivan headed home a Martin Brogan free kick .But the visitors were soon equal. After the re-start Jason Curran headed home at the far post after just 2 minutes . Glencar applied the pressure and Castlefin wilted when a Brogan shot was handled in the area and Keith Malseed stepped up to strike home the resulting penalty.. Again the visitors didn’t lie back and a Jonathan Bogle header from a defensive mix up in the home box levelled things again. With time running out in the first half Glencar’s Mickey Molloy scored an over head kick to put the Glencar boys ahead. The second half was scrappy and Castlefin had the better chances but Dom Friel stood firm .Best for Glencar were Chris Malseed and Declan Scanlon while Darren Bogle served the Castlefin men well .Glenea United Reserves 1 Gweedore Celtic Reserves 0In fine condition Glenea reserves got the better of their Gaeltacht rivals in this tightly fought game. In a tight 1 st half chances were at a premium as both defences were on top, though the home side went close when Martin Maguire forced a good save from John McGinley. In the 2nd half Glenea started strongly and began to take control of the game in midfield but were still finding it difficult to create any clear cut chances. Glenea finally took the lead on 65 minutes when Sean Sweeney’s through ball found Shane Ferry 30 yards out. He beat two defenders and then lifted the ball over the advancing keeper into the net for a fine individual goal. Glenea pushed hard to increase their lead and when close on a number of occasions, with Tommy Rodger’s fine effort from the edge of the box forcing McGinley into another good save. As the game drew to an end Gweedore started to come more into it and went close in the final moments when Gerard Diver forced a good save and Michael McKelvey was narrowly wide with a close range effort. Best for Glenea were Conor McGee, Michael Mc Clafferty & Shane Ferry, while Liam McBride & Paul Duggan were best for Gweedore Ed Moore was the referee.Mulroy Celtic 1 Ramelton Mariners 2 The away side went away with all three points after a tough encounter in this local derby. Both teams enjoyed periods of possession in the first half with Mulroy’s danger man Griffin unlucky not to break the deadlock. Mooney and Buchanan bossed the midfield for much of the game. The game remained scoreless till 15 minutes into the second half when Joey Coyle finished neatly after a goal mouth scramble. The second goal came soon after when Mulroy were pushing for an equalizer, the away side broke in numbers, Ricky Fisher remained calm and waited for the keeper to make his move and slotted the ball home. Mulroy seemed up against it with only twenty minutes remaining but they plugged away. A long free kick came in from the right from Paul Martin. It went unchallenged until Eamon Sweeney nodded the ball home. Another free kick from the right floated to the back post but this time it petered out of play. Best for Mulroy Brian Coyle and Jerome impressed for the home side, The midfield duo were immense throughout for the away side.Glencar Inn Saturday Division TwoCranford United Reserves 2 Keadue Rovers Reserves 2Cranford started the game on top and went close went Paddy Mc Grody broke fee and his shot came off the cross bar. Cranford then had another great chance when John Mc Bride’s header was well saved by the Keadue keeper. Keadue then had a chance when JP Mc Bready put the ball over the bar with from close range. Cranford started the second half on top again and were rewarded when James Lee cooly beat the Keadue Keeper after good through ball from Conor Doherty. Cranford a had a number of great chances to double the lead when Paddy Mc Groddy and Conor Doherty breaking through but the Keadue Keeper pulled of good saves. James Lee was then unlucky after his long range shot came off the cross bar. Keadue then, against the run of play, scored a screamer from long range when JP Mc Cready scored. Keadue then got a quick second when Daragh Hanlon finished well when he broke free. Cranford responded well and Mick Logue placed his shot from edge of box into top corner. With a few minutes remaining Paddy Mc Groddy broke free but his chip came back off the post. Best for Cranford were James Lee, John Mc Bride and Mick Logue. Team effort for Keadue.Watson Hire Division OneBallybofey United 2 Keadue Rovers 2Keadue Rovers stole a point at the end of this openly contested Division One match played at the Finn Valley Centre in Stranorlar. Last season’s Division Two champions held the lead at half time after Ballybofey failed to reply to Doalty Boyle’s opening goal. It wasn’t for the want of trying on the home side’s behalf as they created numerous chances, the two best falling to Darragh Redmond and Chris Breen, however neither could convert. Eamonn Mc Auley, with two point blank saves, ensured there was the minimum between the sides at the interval. The home side totally dominated the second half but it wasn’t until the last fifteen minutes that they got on the scoreboard. Eoin Mc Auley brought them level on seventy minutes when he converted a near post cross. Chris Breen then found the net with a curling effort from twenty yards as the game entered it’s final minutes. With Ballybofey almost home and dry Sean Sharkey scored an equaliser for the “Rosses” men to split the points.Cappry Rovers 4 Eany Celtic 2Cappry Rovers closed the gap at the top of the table with a convincing win at a wet Cappry Park when they defeated the leaders Eany Celtic. The home team started the game the stronger when they created a number of chances and they were rewarded in the sixth minute when Brendan McLaughlin won the ball beat a couple of defenders laid the ball off for Kevin Mc Glynn who drove the ball to the bottom left hand corner of the net past the diving keeper. Cappry kept the pressure on and when Kyle Lafferty was taken down in the thirty second minute by the Eany keeper Darren O’ Leary scored from the resultant penalty to make it 2 nil. Colm Kelly in the visitor’s goal made a few good saves. Play swung from end to end in the second half and Eany pressurised Cappry in search of a goal to bring them back into the game but couldn’t find a way through the tight defence. Aaron Kelly scored Cappry’s third goal in the seventy second minute, following a cross from Frank Mc Glynn, when he put the ball past the advancing keeper. The visitors got a goal back in the seventy fourth minute when Barry Rose scored following a corner. Cappry restored their two goal advantage in the seventy sixth minute when Darren O’ Leary rose highest to head the ball to the bottom corner of the net following across from Frank Mc Glynn. James Flynn got Eany’s second goal in the seventy ninth minute when he shot low and hard to the back of the net. There a few near misses by both sides but Cappry held on to take the points. Kevin Mc Glynn was superb in an outstanding performance by Cappry. James Flynn and Colm Kelly were best for Eany. Referee: Ed MooreRaphoe Town 2 Cranford United 3Raphoe started off well putting all the pressure on Cranford and they got their reward in the 30th minute when John Harvey latched on to a through ball from Frankie Mc Brearty to make it 1-0 to the home side. Cranford scored on the stroke of half time when Conor Shields converted a free kick from 30 yards. The visitors took the lead in the 65th minute when a Raphoe defender left it on a plate for Brendan Giles. One minute later a Conor Shields shot from inside the box made it 3-1. It was the 85th minute before Raphoe pulled one back when Frankie Mc Brearty hit the crossbar and David Craig met the rebound to score. Raphoe pressed hard in the last five minutes and hit the woodwork twice more but they could not find the finishing touch needed to gain a point.CT Ball Division TwoBonagee United 5 Kerrykeel ’71 FC 3Kerry keel started to better and should have taken the lead on three minutes when a cross in from the left by Trevor Alcorn was headed over from six yards by Peter Harvey. Kerrykeel came close again on ten minutes when an Alcorn cross was headed wide of the post by TommyMc Bride. Kerry keel were well on top and brought a great save from John Carr in the Bonagee goal, from Cathal Fisher, on twenty minutes. His long kick out found Kevin Doran who played the ball wide on the right to Lee Mc Monagle and his cross into the box was headed home by Darren Coyle from ten yards. Bonagee came more into the game and went two up when Kevin Doran broke down the left and his shot from just outside the box beat Mark Mc Conigley in the Kerrykeel goal. Kerrykeel had good chances through John Friel and Tommy Mc Bride but Carr in the Bonagee goal was in great form. Kerrykeel pulled one back on forty three minutes when a Bonagee defended failed to clear the ball at the corner flag and a good cross into the box by John Friel was hammered home by Tommy Mc Bride. Bonagee had a chance on forty eight minutes when Ciaran Gibson put Kevin Doran through but Mc Conigley made a great save. Kerrykeel levelled the match on sixty minutes after good work down the right by Cathal Fisher who crossed into the box and Mark Friel made no mistake from ten yards. Bonagee took the lead on seventy minutes when Darren Coyle broke down the right and his shot was palmed away by the keeper but Arran Diver was there to hammer the ball home. Kerrykeel levelled the match two minutes later when a free kick played into the box the ball fell to Shawn Friel and his shot was stopped by the Bonagee keeper but the referee said that the ball had crossed the line. Both teams were playing great football at this stage and Ross Hamlyn who came off the bench put the home side in front when a Reece Short corner fell to him in the six yard box his shot found the net. Kerrykeel had two great strikes on goal but Carr continued in great form in the Bonagee goal. Bonagee got the final goal of the game when Reece Short played a great pass down the line to Arran Diver who beat the off side trap and lobbed the keeper from the edge of the box. A very enjoyable game credit to both sides. Referee: Vincent Mc LaughlinGlenree United 0 Gweedore United 4A bitterly cold day at Glenree Park was the backdrop to this fixture and Glenree were caught cold as the conceded 3 goals in 7minutes through a series of mistakes which saw Shane O’ Donnell take advantage of defensive errors to score on 2 and 4minutes and then Ciaran McFadden scored on 7minutes as Glenree were caught on a counter attack. Glenree never really got going and it wasn’t until the 35minute that they began to settle and get a passing game going. The 2nd half started as the Arctic wind increased and Glenree started brighter but chasing the game comes with its consequences and Stephen Cassidy got Gweedore’s 4th on 60minutes. Best for Gweedore was Shane O’Donnell and best for Glenree were Hughi Bradley and Andy Coyle. Referee: Paul DohertyLetterbarrow Celtic 1 Convoy Arsenal 4Letterbarrow were on top in this game for 60 minutes and took the lead when Conor Mc Goan found the top corner from 25 yards. Convoy levelled straight away through Charlie Friel, the same player was on hand five minutes later to give convoy the lead. Letterbarrow collapsed and conceded two more through Michael Mullagh and Shane Mc Laughlin in tough conditions. Michael bowering and Christopher Burke were best for Letterbarrow, a team performance from Convoy.Whitestrand United 4 Drumbar United 3Whitestrand continued their impressive run of results with a hard fought victory against a determined Drumbar side this afternoon. Drumbar started superbly and took a deserved lead with a superb free kick. Drumbar then made light of their lowly league position with a second goal after a mix up in the Strand defence led to a tap in. Whitestrand created numerous chances but couldn’t get back into the game with Lynch guilty of a few glaring misses. The old cliché of a game of two halves was never more appropriate than here this afternoon, Whitestrand were shocking in the first half and were second to every ball but they came out for the second half like a team possessed. They changed tactics and went with three up top and the bold move paid off immediately when Calvin McGowan converted a penalty that was won by the impressive Kevin Loughrey, The kitchen sink and everything else was thrown at the Drumbar goal for the rest of the game and the deserved equaliser came when joint manager Paul Lynch atoned for his earlier misses with a powerful header from a Kevin Loughrey corner. The third goal looked inevitable and it came through Michael Sweeney who finished clinically after yet another assist from Loughrey, Whitestrand didn’t rest on their laurels at 3-2 and pushed for the 4th and it wasn’t long in coming when JP Malley ended his barren run with a neat finish. Things are never done easy at the Strand and another mix up at the back let Drumbar in to make it 4-3 but with only minutes to go the Strand held on for a magnificent victory. Best for Strand, Kevin Loughrey whilst Drumbar were terrific all over the pitch. Referee: Victor Rainey.TOTAL SOCCER: DONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUE MATCH REPORTS was last modified: December 3rd, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:TOTAL SOCCER: DONEGAL JUNIOR LEAGUE MATCH REPORTSlast_img read more