Retro Relics/The Rabbit Hole hosted its first monthly Songwriters’ Circle. This gives musicians a chance to practice performances and to get feedback on thier songs. Picture: Amber Davy Ice and snow sculptures still stand tall in Centennial Park during the beautiful Sunday afternoon. Pictures: Amber Davy- Advertisement – Lots of people in Fort St. John get out to enjoy their Sunday afternoon. Picture: Amber Davy
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Following the Supreme Court’s decision to release an alleged ISIS supporter into B.C.’s Southern Interior, the City of Enderby is calling on Ottawa to implement public safety reforms.On Tuesday, September 3, Othman Hamdan had been ordered to be released from immigration detention by the Federal Court nearly a year after the Immigration and Refugee Board deemed him inadmissible and a security risk to Canada.As reported by Global News, the City of Enderby issued a press release on Friday, stating the decision to release Hamdan has left the community shocked and frustrated.- Advertisement -Enderby Mayor Greg McCune says he is calling on the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to implement reforms that will restore confidence in the system.“When you read the Federal Court’s decision, it was upheld because the court will defer to the board member unless the decision is unreasonable. This is a systemic failure. We need to change it at that level.”Hamdan was arrested in Fort St. John in the summer of 2015 when he was originally charged with four terrorism offences.Advertisement
Transfers Move to China? Iniesta is still needed at Barca Ben Hayward 07:36 2/17/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Transfers Barcelona Eibar v Barcelona Eibar Primera División Opinion The midfielder signed a “lifetime” contract with the Catalan club in October and would be better off staying at Camp Nou for the foreseeable future Andres Iniesta is the longest-serving player in Barcelona’s squad. The 33-year-old arrived at La Masia at the age of 12 in 1996, and has gone on to win 30 trophies for the Catalan club. So the thought that he may leave is probably too much for many fans to bear.All players move on eventually, either calling time on their playing days like Carles Puyol, to seek a new experience elsewhere as Neymar did, or to end their careers with a lucrative move to a lesser league, such as Xavi.Iniesta, it has been reported in the Catalan press, is being tempted by such an offer from China. As well as high wages, it is said to include an agreement for advertising campaigns and also commercial promotion for his wines. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player At the age of 33, he may well be tempted. In the knowledge that life after football will be less lucrative, players place much importance on their final contract and a mega-money deal in China would mean Iniesta would never need to work again.Not that he really does anyway, of course, but even the wealthiest footballers can get a little nervous about the future when their careers are almost over. And Iniesta probably lacks the personality to be a coach or even a pundit when he hangs up his boots.The midfielder brings in around €20 million after tax as part of his current contract, the first-ever “lifetime” deal offered to a player by Barca, and he is said to have turned down almost twice that amount (€35m) to play for an unnamed Chinese club.Meanwhile, reports in Spain claim the player has invested around €5 million in his own businesses away from football, including the production of wine, cheese and olive oil, and that he has lost money in those operations.However, he still should be more than comfortable on his current wages and for the moment, he is needed at Barcelona. Firstly, because he remains one of the world’s best midfielders. And secondly, to help January signing Philippe Coutinho adapt to life at the club.Barca boss Ernesto Valverde was asked about the reports on Friday and said the club had not received any offer for Iniesta from China or anywhere else.”If that happens, we will think about it then,” he said. “I don’t have anything to say. I haven’t even thought about it. Iniesta is with us and we want him to help us a lot, as he always does.”Iniesta has played more under Valverde than he did last season under Luis Enrique, so it still seems the player has much to give at Camp Nou. And until the end of the season, he will focus on trying to help Barca win La Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.Should Barca win another treble, he may just decide to walk away as Xavi did in the summer of 2015. That, however, would be a shame for the club, for the fans and for the player himself – because it will be a long time before the Camp Nou, or indeed Spanish football, sees his like again.
zoom French offshore vessel contractor Bourbon Corporation announced that it will sell 41 supply vessels from the 65 traditional vessel fleet owned by Bourbon Marine & Logistics as they cannot be connected within the group’s smart shipping program.The program will connect the Bourbon Marine & Logistics’ fleet of 132 supply vessels, known as the “smart fleet”.The move will see some EUR 75 million (USD 92 million) being invested over three years, the final objective being to cut vessel operating costs.As the vessels will be sold at the current market price, the company expects the planned disposal of vessels to result in an impairment loss of about EUR 170 million (USD 209.3 million) in the 2017 financial statements.The smart shipping project is part of Bourbon Corporation’s action plan dubbed #BOURBONINMOTION.“As the market cycle has bottomed out, Bourbon must focus more than ever on operational excellence, fleet utilization rates, cost reduction program and free cash flow preservation. However, we need to go even further, because market overcapacity is driving prices down sustainably and we believe that tomorrow will look very different from yesterday. The crisis has highlighted the need to change our model and this is what the #BOURBONINMOTION plan is all about,” Gaël Bodénès, Bourbon’s Chief Executive Officer, said.The action plan also includes reorganization of the corporation’s structure into three affiliates: Bourbon Marine & Logistics, Bourbon Subsea Services and Bourbon Mobility.These three entities will be able to implement their own strategies and will have their own management teams whose CEO will report to a Board of Directors.Bourbon said that the 2017 financial statements are currently being finalized and have not been audited yet. That being said, the company expects that due to the challenging market conditions it will report a consolidated net loss for 2017 of around EUR 600 million, compared to a net loss of EUR 279.6 million in 2016.With a positive free cash flow 2017 expected over EUR 100 million, showing a strong growth over the previous year (EUR 64.7 million in 2016), BOURBON expects to benefit from the forecast recovery of the OSV sector.